Thursday, August 11, 2005

My New Reality

I’ve become addicted to 2 new reality shows, both dealing with tattoo shops. The first, on A&E, is "Inked" set in the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas. The other, "Miami Ink", on TLC, is about a smaller store in Miami’s South Beach. But it’s a smaller, indiscreet store and not as flashy as Inked.

Inked is about Carey Hart & his co-owner Tom Hamilton. They actually deal with employee issues, Health Dept. concerns, and the general relationships of a day-to-day business. Who knew!?! Tattoo artists have the same problems that us non-tattoo people do in the corporate world.

Miami Ink is a little more informative. It gives some history to the tattoo. Like a Koi (Japanese fish) is symbol of good luck, and in Japanese mythology the koi turns into a dragon to slay the bad guys. Also, it was a little less superficial and a little more down-to-earth about its office relationships and customers.

No, this does not mean I’m getting a tattoo. See the Bumper Sticker blog about “identifying marks.” Wouldn’t want to be a fugitive someday and somebody recognize me based upon my identifying, unique tattoo. But what would I get? I don’t know. I probably would get tired of a tattoo at some point in the future (tastes do change). I most likely would get a scroll calligraphy of my first initial. I love my letter “A”.

1 comment:

Sweet T said...

i was just telling handyman i was over the whole reality tv thing....only i'm kinda addicted to surreal life. i don't know when it comes on. i usually catch a rerun during the week. i haven't caught it this week. i can't stand janice dickinson and i'm just waiting for omarosa to kick her ass!