Sunday, August 07, 2005

Chef Adrienne

Jimmy thought it would be a good idea to plant tomatoes, strawberries, basil, sage, & cilantro in my back yard. Sure. I won't kill them. As long as it rains.

And rain it has. So the basil is growing wild & crazy. So, I decided to be wild & crazy back and make a pesto sauce. Which, is also due to the fact I watched Food Network most of the day watching cooks make everything look quick & easy, and even delicious. I almost thought I would eat peas due to a Pesto & Pea salad recipe I saw the Barefoot Contessa make. But, I was more intrigued by the pesto. Which called for 3 cups of Basil. Yep, I've got that. Lots of it. (Cooking is not about being able to cook, it's if I actually have the ingredients in the pantry.)

So, I searched my very favorite recipe site: Allrecipes.com and found an easy recipe for pesto (translate that to mean I had all the ingredients!). It called for walnuts instead of pine nuts, even though they can be substituted. So I made the recipe for 1 serving. Basil, walnuts, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and salt & pepper. Boiled some pasta noodles and added some frozen shrimp that I sauteed in garlic salt.

VOILA - Chef Adrienne strikes again. It was yummy. Thanks to green-thumb Jimmy for planting the basil. Without him, tonight's dinner would not have been made possible.

No comments: