Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Adrienne-ukah

I finally remembered 2007 birthday: My brother David & wife Debbie came to visit me. We went to a comedy club and rode the Steam train out of Cedar Park. It was nice to spend time with family - a first for all of us - but I'm a little embarrassed that I couldn't remember what I did last year.

This year was pretty relaxing. My intent was to get up by 9am, massage at noon, haircut at 3, dinner at 7. But that wasn't to quite start out that way...
7am - cell phone rings. It's Tari: so what are you doing?
Me: seriously? What am I doing at 7am on my birthday?
Tari: what do you have planned for today?
Me: Well, it was supposed to start at 9am but you seem to have gotten me off to an early start.

Truthfully, it was probably a good thing she got me awake and going. I had plenty of phone calls, ecards, and text messages from friends & family. I think I have to say that has been the best part of the day: knowing you are loved & remembered.

But the birthday was also a Keep Austin Weird Day - I had a sighting of Leslie (Austin's famous street person) down in South Austin while getting my haircut. It just reminds me that I do love where I live!

No comments: