Saturday, August 09, 2008

Anthem Songs

I worked today. But, in a valiant effort to make it "more fun", I took my iPod & bad ass speakers to the office. And turned them up loud. Better than a 1980's boombox.

So as I was jammin to my own DJ mix, I realized that there are just some songs that really mean something to me. These are the songs that make me want to stand up, yell out loud, wave a cigarette lighter flame, are a piece of my heart & soul.

These would make up my best and most favorite iTunes playlist:

Tell Me Something Good::Rufus & Chaka Khan
Bright Lights::Matchbox 20
Estoy Aqui::Shakira
Anything by Aretha Franklin
Sittin' On The Dock of the Bay::Otis Redding
No Woman No Cry::Bob Marley & The Wailers
Hollywood Nights::Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
Walking in Memphis::Marc Cohn
Proud Mary::Ike & Tina Turner
9 to 5::Dolly Parton
I Ain't Living Long Like This::Waylon Jennings
Cowboy Take Me Away::Dixie Chicks
Oh L'Amour::Erasure
Right Where I Need To Be::Gary Allan
I'm Like a Bird::Nelly Furtado
When You Say Nothing At All::Keith Whitley
Selling the Drama::Live
Como La Flor::Selena
Stand By Your Man::Tammy Wynette
We Belong Together::Mariah Carey
No More Drama::Mary J. Blige
The Lonely Road::Mike Farris

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I played more than once today.

3 comments:

Sweet T said...

i can't believe Montel didn't even get a mention...

Steph said...

MC - "Fantasy"?
Robin S - "Show me Love"?

Playlist, schmaylist

Adrienne said...

i hate it when I forget the good ones. oh well - i didn't say it was inclusive - and I'm sure there are more that haven't yet come to mind.