Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Hero

No longer has a secret!

Announced today that Julia Child was a spy for the OSS (before there was a CIA) along with 24,000 other known and now mentionable people.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/Other_US_Govermnent/Spies_Revealed.html

I swear that woman had the life I would love to have. A Chef. Lived in France. Ate a lot. Had an apparently happy marriage to a lifelong partner. Husband worked for State Dept and lived in fairly cool locales. And a spy.

So there is going to be a movie about Julie Child's My Life in France. It would be WAY cooler if it was Julia Child: International Woman of Mystery.

2 comments:

Frank Butterfield said...

I wonder if Brini Maxwell is also a secret agent? Hmmm...

Mimi said...

But who could play her and mimic her God-awful nerve-grating voice?