Friday, September 08, 2006

Fashion Police

Have you seen the new trend for skinny jeans? Who created this trend? And why did they think this trend would be a good fashion idea?

America is the largest country, and I mean that with respect to their obese citizens. I read/heard somewhere that about 71% of adults are obese. 44% of teenagers are obese. So we're talking about a large (pun intended) part of the shopping population who should NOT be wearing skinny jeans.

The average woman supposedly wears a size 14. Skinny jeans should not even be made in size 14. Then you really can't call them skinny jeans anymore, more like curvy jeans, with a bell bottom flare leg because you need more skinny jean on your thigh than calves.

I'm a little dismayed. So much for trying to look cute & trendy in my jeans this fall. If the waistband isn't sitting above my butt crack, then they will be so tight so that I can say they are skinny jeans, when in actuality, I can't breathe or sit down. It'll be a fun year trying to be trendy in my mid-30s.

No comments: