Monday, September 18, 2006

Silver Flatware

So my brothers and I have inherited sterling silver flatware from Joanne's estate. This flatware was made by Mauser Manufacturing, previously of New York state. I have a service for 8 people. And we're not talking the typical 4 piece place setting. More like 8 piece place setting. The pattern is a shells & ivy motif pattern, that I have not been able to find anywhere on the 'net other than Replacements.com. Replacements has a picture of the pattern, but no pattern name, and none for sale. After my conversation today with them, they are truthfully not that interested in the flatware because there's not enough customer interest looking for it.

So I have a quasi-appointment with Bill Pillsbury, purveyor of fine silver in Houston on Friday. So what that means is I get to start polishing. Sweet T, where are you when I need you? You're so good at polishing silver. You rocked at polishing my silver bookends.

1 comment:

Sweet T said...

and what time is this "quasi-appt"? the game starts at 6:05. original ninfa's before that!