Saturday, July 12, 2008

Growing Up

Today, I bought FLATWARE. Seriously. Most of you know how old my silverware is. Or do you? It was a hand-me-down from our ranch house out in Jonesboro, TX. Given to me when I got my first apartment in 1990.

Here's my theory - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But I was tired of my crappy silverware bending on me.

So what's next? New place settings?!?

Will the craziness ever end?

by the way, the new flatware was a long time coming. but don't think I'm still not cheap. $44 spent at Marshall's today for a table service of 8. I spent less than $50, which is really frugal considering how long I anticipate using it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

*GASP*

I cannot believe it. Happy to see it! And for what it is worth - I am a huge fan of "let other people buy the new stuff" and hang onto my crappy old *fill in the blank* until it falls apart, but dude - I have CAMPING UTENSILS that are in better shape than those old things you had!

When's the dinner party?